To inspire in all people a wonder and curiosity about life on Earth.
We will use our world-class collections to create and share new knowledge, focusing on Australian Aboriginal and Pacific cultures, Earth and Life Sciences.
Our Focus Areas
- Present a modern visitor-focused museum.
- Demonstrate excellence in our collections, research and science.
- Secure our long-term financial future through multiple strategies.
- Deliver vibrant and engaging programmes linking collections and research.
In committing to these priorities through seven key objectives we will:
- seek to maximise visitor satisfaction;
- ensure the economic sustainability of the Museum;
- develop our strategic partnerships;
- redevelop the Museum site as funds permit;
- integrate, connect and leverage our collections and research to generate new knowledge;
- develop our public programme and engagement capabilities; and
- ensure that the Museum operates as a modern, effective and efficient organisation.