Born: 15 October 1894, Plawanice, Poland
Died: 16 March 1984, Fullarton, South Australia
Pastor Friedrich Wilhelm Albrecht was educated at a local school before entering the Lutheran Mission Institute at Hermannsburg, Germany in 1913. After graduting in 1924, Albrecht married Minna Maria Margaretha in 1925 and had five children.
In 1925, the couple sailed for Australia. Albrecht was ordained in 1926 at Nuriootpa, South Australia and then headed for Hermannsburg, Northern Territory where he and the family remained until 1952. At Hermannsburg, Albrecht became fluent in Arrernte which enabled him to translate religious text, preach in the local language and train Aboriginal evangelists. Albrecht was also concerned about Aboriginal welfare.
The family returned to South Australia in 1962. Albrecht died at Fullarton and was buried in Centennial Park.
The South Australian Museum Archives contains correspondence, photographs, slides and newspaper cuttings.