Bush Heritage Australia Bon Bon Station (SAMA 1053)

Bush Heritage Bon Bon Station

Established: 1957

Bon Bon Station, located about 60 kilometers north of old Kingoonya township, was originally taken up by Green Short and Co Ltd in 1878. Land's department records indicate that TP Gourlay acquired the lease in 1902. Norm Richardson acquired the lease in 1911 and held it until disposing of it to the Bon Bon Pastoral Company in 1921 with Harry Coleman as manager.

While this collection deals with a later period, the South Australian Museum Archives has at least one other collection (AA357, Dr WD Walker) which documents in word and image activities at Bon Bon Station in the 1920s dealing with some of the people still there in the early 1960s.

Search archives