How they grow: Year 2
These pages have been written for parents or other adults to read to students in various parts of the South Australian Museum’s Biodiversity Gallery. They focus attention on many examples of animals growing up in the South Australian bush. Each page is a stand-alone activity, so parents can work independently with small groups in the gallery.
The program links to the Year 2 Australian Science Curriculum, particularly the biology understandings:
- Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves
- Exploring different characteristics of life stages in animals
- Observing that all animals have offspring, usually with two parents
- Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions
- Accessing information sources