The next School Holiday Program will run from 4 to 14 October* 2011. The theme is Mummies Unwrapped.
|When:||10am – 3pm Daily|
(Adults free when accompanied by a child)
|*Not available on weekends
Bookings essential for Vacation Care Groups.
Call 08 8207 7575.
Discover the mysteries of Ancient Egypt at the South Australian Museum.
- Learn about mummies from Ancient Egypt
- Create your own secret messages using heiroglyphics on clay tablets
- Dress up like Rameses II or King Tut - what decisions would you have to make as the ruler of Ancient Egypt?
- Challenge your friends in an Ancient Egyptian board game
- Discover the hidden secrets on a trail around the Ancient Egyptian Room
- Get a FREE Eye of Horus tattoo
Wrap on Mummies - Presented by Artlab Australia
|When:||Tuesday 4 October
Thursday 6 October
1:30pm (30 min duration)
Enter this fascinating world of Ancient Egypt. Meet two intrepid explorers who will take you on a journey back to Ancient Egypt and into the extraordinary world of mummies.
Discover how modern scientific technology can unlock the secrets of what is inside a mummy and see what mummies would have looked like thousands of years ago. The explorers will show how to uncover the mystery of what's inside a sarcophagus and you can participate in a hands-on activity of translating hieroglyphics by reconstructing broken tablets.
All will be revealed...