This item consist of 5 magnetic tapes that have been added by the archive to Norman B Tindale's 'personal and study series' of tapes.
These tapes have not been transferred to digital format.
The following contents descriptions are taken from annotations in Tindale's hand on the tape boxes:
- 'Voices of Japan, 1-3' containing 'records taken from commercial sources illustrating some of the music and nightlife noises and sounds of old Japan'. 1 x 5 inch reel (1 of 2)
- 'Voices of Japan, 3-6', containing 'records taken from commercial sources illustrating some of the music and nightlife noises and sounds of old Japan'. 1 x 5 inch reel (2 of 2)
- 'Antiquity of Australian Aboriginals', an extract from a radio [?] interview with Tindale on results of carbon dating, c1964. 1 x 5 inch reel
- 'Spears to bulldozers, Groote Eylandt Aboriginal Mission. Produced by Broken Hill Proprietary Ltd. Recorded from ABS2 Adelaide September 7 1965 - didjeridu music some native music and descriptions of some activites. Record of MnO2 discovery & development'. 1 x 3 inch reel
- Copy of the Story of Waijungari (Frank Blackmore) and the Albert Karloan series (see AA 338/11/8 and AA 3338/11/14 respectively). 1 x 5 inch reel
Creator: Dr Norman Barnett Tindale
Control: AA 338/11/39/Tapes 1-5
x magnetic tape reels