This item consists of two journals used by NB Tindale from 1963-1988 to keep track of his later magnetic tape and VCR recordings. Tindale wrote the following preface to the first volume: 'I decided to keep a separate journal for incidental tape records other than ones on specific expeditions etc & to list these others here with references to the notebooks etc in which they occur'.
The two volumes are entitled:
- Tape Records Journal, volume 1, 1963-1977
- VCR and Tape Records Journal, volume 2, 1977-1988
Volume 1 contains the following headings:
- 'Wongkanguru tribe data from Mick Mclean recorded 26 Aug.1963'
- 'Interview with Mr John Irrgang, aged survivor of the Killalapannina Mission'
- 'Tape Records from Palm Island'
- 'Tape Recordings since my Retirement in Oct 1965'.
Volume 1 also contains notes and correspondence relating to Tindale's speech and sound collection as well as loose papers.
Volume 2 contains a record of magnetic tapes and VCR tapes made 1977-1988, information on Chris Long's work on transferring Tindale's wax cylinder recordings to magnetic tape c1980, correspondence relating to the speech and sound collection and other notes. The volume also contains a loose partial index.
Tindale Tribes: Wongkanguru; Dieri.
Creator: Dr Norman Barnett Tindale
Control: AA 338/12/2
x type 2 box containing 2 journals
Formats: Notebooks, Loose Notes