This drawer contains a number of sections, including:
- English to Potaruwutj general vocabulary (approx. 12 cm), drawn from Tindale's 'Journal of Researches in the South East of S. Australia' (3 vols, AA 338/1/33/1-3);
- Section (approx. 3 cm) of English to Potaruwutj cards on the subject of birds;
- Potaruwutj to English general vocabulary (approx. 7.5 cm), with ink and ball point pen annotations;
- Section of Potaruwutj to English cards (2 cm) on the subject of birds, with ball point pen annotations, and 3.5 cm of partially prepared index cards; and
- Section entitled 'Native' that consists of partially prepared Tanganekald cards
(approx. 2 cm) and a section of cards (1.5 cm) drawn from George Taplin's The Narrinyeri: an account of the tribes of South Australian Aborigines inhabiting the country around Lakes Alexandrina, Albert and Coorong, and the lower part of the River Murray: their manners and customs, also an account of the mission at Point Macleay,1874 (see also metal filing drawer AA 338/7/2/25).
Note that the first card in the drawer contains the annotation: 'Tindale Personal Researches Unpublished'. See also Tindale's Potaruwutj vocabulary in shoebox AA 338/7/1/16.
Tindale Tribes: Potaruwutj.
Creator: Dr Norman Barnett Tindale
Control: AA 338/7/2/30
metal filing drawer, approx. 31.5 cm of cards