This series includes the following items:
- 'The South Australian Museum Ethnographic Material (Australian Aborigines): An Approximate Survey' by HM Cooper.The body of the survey lists and briefly describes categories of objects and states the number of each in the Museum's collection; an appendix discusses points of interest or difficulty, and adds some brief historical notes. Included in the appendix is discussion of the following relating to South Australia: the Toas of the Dieri; stone implements of the Adelaide tribe; Pirri points from Eucolo, near Lake Hart, and their use in the Cooper's Creek area; a rock engraving from Parachilna; a Kaurna ochre mine; and an ochre mine at Mount Hayward, south of Parachilna. Handwritten, 47 pages. 28 November 1966. Formerly Acc. No. 16.
- 'The South Australian Museum Ethnographic Material (Australian Aborigines): An Approximate Survey' by HM Cooper. Typescipt, 40 pages. 28 November 1966.
- 'The South Australian Museum Ethnographic Collection'. This may be a summary of Cooper's November 1966 survey listed above. The numbers in subject categories vary slightly from Cooper's November 1966 survey, and there is no appendix. Typed, 11 pages. No date.
- THIS ITEM IS RESTRICTED. List titled 'Tjuringas', four pages, typed, with annotations or corrections in ink, signed and dated HM Cooper. This list may relate to the removal of part of the South Australian Museum's collections to Sleeps Hill tunnel during the Second World War. With the lists is a typed note, undated, relating to a 'Cylindro Conical stone' from Martin's Well, south-west of Lake Frome, South Australia, from an informant named Kintala-kati of the 'Jandruwanta Tribe', collected by T Vogelsang (see AA 351). Two copies. 15 January 1943. Formerly Acc. No. 33.
- List titled 'Locations of Native Implements'. One is annotated in pencil: 'Commenced 1935'. One copy has explanatory notes attached, relating the numbers in Cooper's list to corresponding numbers in the South Australian Museum register. The lists contain 297 named places, presumably from which Cooper collected implements, all of which appear to be in South Australia. This material was referred to as 'Campsite Documentation'. Typed and handwritten, three copies. Formerly Acc. No. 15.
This series contains references to the following regions of South Australia: North East; Flinders Ranges; Adelaide - Mount Lofty Ranges.
This series includes reference to the following named groups: Dieri, the Adelaide tribe, Kaurna, Jandruwanta tribe.
Corresponding Tindale Tribes: Dieri; Kaurna; Jandruwanta.
Corresponding AIATSIS Language Groups: Dieri; Kaurna; Yandruwandha.