This item contains 41 historical photographs from the MacDonnell Ranges, Northern Territory (NT), Woodenbong, New South Wales (NSW), Oodnadatta, South Australia (SA), Groote Eylandt Mission Station (NT), Yalwarrah (NT) Arnhem Land (NT) in particular Yirrkala, Roper River Mission Station and Oenpelli Mission Station. Some of the photographs bear handwritten annotations. They are listed as follows:
- 'Finke Gorge at Glen-Helen, where the Finke River breaks through the MacDonnell Ranges'.
- Gum trees lining valley with horses in the distance.
- 'Hill scenery', water at the bottom of the hills with palms lining one side of the hills.
- 'Hill scenery', with car driving at the bottom of the rock formation.
- 'Yirrkala. N.E. Arnhem Land', aerial photograph of buildings, farmland and sand lining the edge of the water.
- Boats in water.
- 'Yirrkala. N.E. Arnhem Land', crucifix centred in church with aboriginal art work either side.
- 'Yirrkala. N.E. Arnhem Land', three groups facing front of church, separated by two isles. There is a group of children at the front of the church in white dresses.
- House with lawn in front yard in foreground, with hills in background.
- Building made from corrugated iron with four people outside of the building, and two adults and two children in doorway of building.
- Four Australian Aboriginal men with gum trees in background.
- Two cars and one man in area surrounded by fence.
- 'Pastor & Mrs. Frank Roberts sm conducting convention' on a 'former aboriginal reserve'.
- Three men wearing long coats with hats on near a stone monument with a plaque on it.
- Windmill with buildings in background.
- Gospel Rally at Woodenbong. Preaching is pastor Frank Roberts sm.
- 'Pastor Frank Roberts sm officiates and represented minister, wedding taken at Labulum Aboriginal Station'. There is a stamp on the back of the photograph that reads 'J.HAZZARD CASINO, N.S.W'.
- 'Oodnadatta School, 1956, Christmas Wishes and lots of love Brent and Greg, 1956'. Group of children sitting outside veranda of building.
- 'Yirrkala. N.E. Arnhem Land', group of people in shorts and dresses, surrounding two men with dress pants and shirts on.
- 'Yirrkala. N.E. Arnhem Land', three Australian Aboriginal children.
- Yami Lester standing outside building with plaque that reads 'But the gift of God "eternal life" through Jesus Christ our Lord'.
- 'MacDonnell Ranges - newly painted medicine man with his diploma painted on his chest and abdomen'
- 'Roper River Mission Station - Phillip Roberts' looking through microscope.
- 'Roper River Mission Station - R.A.A.F. plane officer and Mr. Perce Leske'.
- 'Roper River Mission Station - Hospital - Maternity Ward'.
- 'Roper River Mission Station - native dwelling'.
- 'Roper River Mission Station - Kangaroo Rock overlooking Roper River'.
- 'Oenpelli Mission Station - Goat Milking'.
- 'Groote Eylandt Mission Station - Payday Mr. Kevin Hoffmann'.
- Groote Eylandt Mission Station - Sawmill'.
- 'Groote Eylandt Mission Station - School Art Class'.
- 'Groote. Dormitory Girl'.
- Group of unidentified, Australian Aboriginal people standing outside shelter.
- Group of five unidentified, unclothed Australian Aboriginal people standing in a row, posing for photograph.
- Group of unidentified, unclothed Australian Aboriginal people standing in a row outside.
- 'Tracker Monjala [??]', four unidentified, unclothed Australian Aboriginal people.
- 'Roper natives receiving blankets'.
- Six children eating 'Watermelon at Yalwarrah'.
- Photograph and notes from Peter Dunn. 'Weighing Baby (Sister Jerreck?). Babies are weighed each Fri. aft. Those not making satisfactory progress must be brought to the hospital quarters 3 times a day for prepared meals. This continues until weight etc, is satisfactory'.
- Photograph and notes from Peter Dunn. 'Boot-Making. Tannery'. A man is standing at workbench with boots on it.
- Sample photograph taken by Polaroid Land Camera. Photograph of woman behind counter at Commonwealth Savings Bank. There is a customer on the other side of the counter and there is a sign on the counter that reads, 'Everyone at Our House has a Commonwealth Savings Bank Money Box'.
Creator: Marjorie Alice Angas
Control: AA 676/5/8
foolscap three ring album
Formats: Loose Photographic Prints, Mounted Photographic Prints