This item contains a collection of morphometric measurements made by JB Birdsell, A Hrdlicka, W Turner, H Basedow (see AA 22), R Pöch, Brockenbusch, H Klaatsch (see AA 168), J Wunderly, F Wiedenriech and others. Contains morphometic data and descriptions for crania from the following areas and 'Tindale Tribes' (see AA 338):
- Data on crania from Tasmania.
- Data on crania from South Australia, including the following areas: Adelaide, Near Adelaide, Ardrosson, Blinman, Bookabie, Cambelltown, Central South Australia, Clare, Cobdogla, Coffins Bay [Coffin Bay], Collinsfield, Coopers Creek, Coorong, Lower and Upper Coorong, 'Cournamont', Dry Creek, Extreme South, Eyre Peninsula, Flinders Rangers, Fulham, Glanville, Glenelg, Goolwa, Henley Beach, Hindmarsh Island, Inkerman, Innamincka, Lake Albert, Lake Alexandria, Largs, Lower Murray, Loxton, Malata, Mannum, Marion, Meningie, Milang, Minghool, Moonta, Morgan, Mount Gambier, Mount Remarkable, Murray Bridge, Murray River, Musgrave Ranges, Myponga Jetty, Near Wallaroo, North of Mt. Eba, North West Bend, Oodnadatta, Paralana, Plympton, Point McLeay, Port Adelaide, Port Elliot, Port Lincoln, Port Pirie, Port Victor, Robe, Swanport, Sydenham, Tailem Bend, Torrens Island, Tumby Bay, 'Umberatona', Waikerie, Wakerville, Wellington, Wood's Point, Yorke Peninsula.
- Data on crania from Victoria, including the following areas: Apollo Bay, Ararat, Echuca, Gabo lsland, Hamilton, 'Hoxham', Kerang, Koondrook, Near Koondrook, Lake Boga, Lake Bonnie, Lake Coorong, Lake Victoria, Lonnon: South West Murray River, Melbourne, Mortlake, Murrabit, Murray, Numurkah, Port Fairy, Port Phillip, Portland Bay, Strathmerton, Swan Hill, Upper Yarrah River, Wanna River, Warinambrol, Wickliffe, Williamstown, Wimmera, Lower Wimmera.
- Data on crania from New South Wales, including the following areas: Balmoral, Bogan, Bondi, Carcoar, Cobar, Cowra, Cronulla, Darling River, Lower Darling River, Deniliquin, Geelong River, Glen Innes, Grafton, Kinchega, Kyogle, Macquarrie River, Manly, Manly Cove, Manning, McLeay River, Merimbula, Moorna, Mudgee, Murranbidgee River, Newcastle, Nowra, Nymagee, Port Hacking, Port Jackson, Port Stephens, Richmond River, Riverina, Shoalhaven, Silverton, Sydney, Near Sydney, Tamworth, Tolarno, Wellington Caves, 'Yabtree Grundagai'.
- Data on crania from Ready Creek, Australian Capital Territory.
- Data on crania from Queensland, including the following areas: Atherton Tableland,
Brisbane, Carandotta, Cloncurry, Fraser Island, Glenroy, Jambin, Marlborough, Miriam Vale, Morgan, Morton Bay, Mount Yaamba, North Keppel Island, Port Curtis, Riversleigh, Rockhampton, South Keppel Island, Yeppoon.
- Data on crania from Northern Territory, including the following areas and groups: Adelaide River, Anson Bay, Aranda group, Bowens Straights, Charlotte Waters, Daly River, East Alligator River, Hassan River, Mc Donnaell Ranges, Melville Island, Newcastle Waters, Port Darwin, Port Essington, Pongo-Pongo group [Pongaponga], Tennant Creek, Waramanga group.
- Data on crania from Andaman Island [India], North Andaman Island [India] and Ngandong [Java, Indonesia].
- Data on casts of crania from Cohuna, Victoria; Talgai, Queensland and 'Wadjak I' [Java, Indonesia].
The data on the crania usually includes the museum's item number and the place or origin. There may also be information regarding the history of the crania.
The pages of this journal are numbered. There are 138 pages of data and 162 blank pages. This item was previously identified as 'Birdsell Collection Notebook 12'. 'Record' printed on front cover.
Tindale Tribes: Aranda; Pongaponga; Waramanga.
Creator: Dr Joseph Benjamin Birdsell
Control: AA 689/1/13
green and red patterned hard-bound notebook, 300pp, 31x20cm
Formats: Numeric Data, Notebooks