The diary includes the following:
- itinerary of supplies
- 'Diary of Trip to Arcoona Bluff'
- map and plan showing rock carving sites and tribes
- reprint of Tindale's 'Natives of Groote Eylandt and of the west coast of the Gulf of Carpentaria'
- Wailpi vocabulary. The Wailpi data includes bird names, place names and general vocabulary (for the published version of this data, see HM Hale (AA 124) and NB Tindale 'Observations on Aborigines of the Flinders Ranges and Records of Rock Carvings and Paintings', Records of the South Australian Museum, 3(1), pages 45-60.
- Harold Sheard's (see AA 290) photographs of rockshelter six miles north of Blanchetown on west bank of Murray River, South Australia and a small notebook used by both Sheard and Tindale to record 1927 findings at Blanchetown and Fromms Landing, including rockshelter at Haylands. Title on spine reads, 'Tindale - Diary of Fromms Landing Trip'.
Tindale Tribes: Dieri; Pangkala; Wailpi.
Creator: Dr Norman Barnett Tindale
Control: AA 338/1/3
foolscap Albox folder, 87 sheets; 1 notebook (10x16 cm) and photographs
Formats: General Correspondence, Maps, General Publications, Drawings, Diaries, Plans, Notebooks, Loose Notes