The journal has been handwritten on the right-hand pages, with annotations and drawings on the left-hand pages. Page 223a has been added. From page 230 there are 58 blank pages. The journal has a contents list and index. The expedition dates from 24 October to 25 November 1963.
This journal includes the following:
- place names
- notes on tribal nomenclature
- stories including details of Kangaroo, Emu, Eagle, Rat Woman and Ice Men stories
- a hand-drawn map of 'data supplied to N. B. Tindale' in March 1962 by J Long'
- newspaper clippings
- specimen drawings and documentation
- 'Data for Blood Samples - Kudjuntari, WA and Mt Davies, S. Aus. Nov. 1963 compiled by Norman B. Tindale'
- a 1969 article by Walter Victor Macfarlane on 'The water economy of desert aboriginals in summer'
- a black and white photograph of Ooldea people by Miss Annie Lock (AA 184)
- a 'Report of patrol to W. A. Desert areas around Pollock Hills and Jupiter Well' from 26 July to 4 September 1963
The expedition party included Prof. Walter Victor Macfarlane, Walter Batchelor MacDougall (see AA 193), John Sabine, Peter Aitken and Norman Barnett Tindale.
Tindale Tribes: Arabana; Aranda; Dieri; Iliaura; Jangkundjara; Kokata; Mandjildjara; Nakako; Ngadadjara; Pintubi; Pitjandjara; Wongkanguru.
Creator: Dr Norman Barnett Tindale
Control: AA 338/1/26
24 October, 1963
25 November, 1963
buckram bound volume, 21.3x26.2 cm, 353 pages with 6 inserts and 1 loose item
Formats: Newspaper Clippings, General Correspondence, Maps, Loose Photographic Prints, Drawings, Sketches, Loose Notes, Indexes